Gimnasio Los Portales was founded on June 1, 1987 bound by a shared ideal of a group of parents and their concern for their daughters´ education. Their objective was to create a school that offered academic excellence and a great conviction to educate women of integrity, self-confident, socially committed with the country´s social situation and truly skilled to face the challenges of the 21st century.
These are the reasons why Gimnasio Los Portales is among the best schools in Bogota and the country:
- Value-based education
- Comprehensive development of spiritual, emotional, cognitive and motive dimensions.
- High academic standards
- Certified implementation of the IB (International Baccalaureate) continuum programs
- Bilingualism and international-mindedness
- Courses organized in small groups
- IT platform integrated with the academic proposal
- School campus that calls for a learning experience: The environment as a third master
We are coherent and honest with what we think, say and do, aligned with the way our community acts.
We are aware of our strengths and limitations. We work in our own continuous growth process by being capable of loving others as we love ourselves.
We treasure the differences and treat others as we expect to be treated.
We live to serve by having empathy with others and thinking about the common good and the construction of a fair society.
We independently respond to acquired commitments, accepting the consequences of our actions.
We contribute to educate women leaders who live up to our values and transcend their environment, guided by Christian/Catholic faith principles.
By 2021 we will be acknowledged as a learning community that lives its values, service vocation, international mindset and open and innovative thinking.
By means of the Portales leadership, we will transcend our surroundings with social and environmental responsibility.
- It symbolizes the doors of knowledge, framed by the path we follow during the years we are at school, educating ourselves as women of integrity and being aware that we build a society based on Catholic principles. Our ever-present motto: “Being to serve”.
- Represents the faith in a better world based on personal commitment, as action and service make us useful, give meaning to life and uplift our being.
- Symbolizes the significance with which the students at Portales, assume their role as women leaders, experiencing institutional values that allow them to impact their environment and leave a trace.
- Represents love as the utmost pillar where the principles of Christian faith are consolidated and service vocation is experienced through our motto: “Being to Serve”. It also symbolizes the passion with which we assume knowledge. We participate in its creation through a reflective thinking process that invites us to build a fairer society.
Lyrics: Portales Familiy Segovia
Music: Master Chucho Vallejo
Igualdad, tolerancia y respeto a las formas de ser y pensar las altivas alumnas Portales nuestro himno vamos a entonar.
Fortaleza del saber, fortaleza del amor, fortaleza de superación a luchar por nuestro hogar a luchar por nuestro Dios a luchar por nuestra nación.
Con tesón, sacrificio y esmero nuestros padres unieron su esfuerzo dedicando su tiempo y su fuerza construyeron nuestra fortaleza. CORO…
De la mano de nuestros docentes formaremos la patria soñada un granito de arena seremos por lograr esa paz anhelada. CORO…
A formar mujeres integrales responsables con la sociedad orgullosas alumnas Portales nuestro lema sabremos llevar.
Queremos ser, para servir, para servir mejor, queremos ser, para servir, para servir mejor, queremos ser, para servir, para servir mejor, queremos ser, para servir, para servir mejor.