The school´s bus transportation service is a privilege and not an obligation, and it is provided by a third-party provider called Tech S.A., with 36 years of experience in the transportation sector. This company is committed to offer and provide a quality service that guarantees the students´ safety.
The school bus routes have a bus monitor and the supervision of two coordinators besides being equipped with GPS devices, and internal radiocommunication and speed monitoring systems. We are continuously verifying service compliance agreements between the school and the District Secretariat of Mobility and the Metropolitan Traffic Police.
- Daily use of the school bus as per due conditions of quality and safety.
- Students must be picked up at the bus stop according to the official and informed schedule. In case the school bus drives by the bus stop earlier than scheduled, and as previously notified to parents, the bus must wait until the scheduled pick-up time, and wait 30 extra seconds in case the student is not at the bus stop, otherwise the bus will continue with its route.
- Students should not remain inside the bus for more than 80 minutes per school bus routes.
- Students must receive proper and respectful treatment by the bus monitor and driver.
- In case any incident occurs in the bus route, the school´s Transportation Office must assist students.
- The school bus must stop at safe places/bus stops.
- The school bus must have a proper place for students to place their backpacks.
- The school´s bus route assistant cannot be absent or get off the bus once the bus route starts running with the students, unless there is an extreme case that has been authorized by the Transportation Coordination office or the school´s administrative directorate.
- The bus must stop in each of the bus stops, the doors will open and close, in such way that each stop will be recorded in the GPS system.
- Parents and students receive information or updates about their school´s bus route and they should able to communicate with the Transportation Coordination office.
The Transportation Office is open during the following hours:
- Monday thru Friday: 5:30 a.m. a 5:00 p.m.
- Phone numbers: 676 4055 ext. 104
- Cell phones: 301 6068891 · 301 6068669
- eMail: [email protected]
- From 5:00 a.m. and until 8:00 p.m.
- Phone: 743 5224 option 3 – ext. 103 – 104